Click on the questions below to see the answers.
- How long has the home care agency been serving the community?
- Are the caregivers directly employed by the home care agency?
Arcadia is a direct employer, thus all caregivers are Arcadia employees. As such, they are covered by Arcadia's workers compensation and liability insurance policies. In addition, Arcadia is responsible for all tax withholding and employer contributions for federal and state unemployment insurance.
- How does the home care agency select and train caregivers?
Arcadia requires that all caregivers have a minimum of one year of experience in the area in which they wish to work. After a criminal background check, they are personally interviewed, reference checked, tested, oriented, and are observed performing key caregiver tasks prior to being assigned to a home care client.
- Does the home care agency offer a free in-home consultation?
Arcadia encourages families and clients to take advantage of our no obligation, free in-home consultation.
- How does the caregiver know what to do when they arrive in the home?
After meeting with the client and family, an Arcadia care coordinator creates a caregiver plan. Our caregivers are expected to follow that service plan which is periodically reviewed and updated to ensure our clients' needs are being met.
- How does the home care agency supervise their caregivers?
An Arcadia care coordinator regularly performs supervisory visits, ideally when our caregiver is in the home, to evaluate performance. In addition, all service notes are reviewed to ensure that our caregiver is following our service plan. Formal caregiver evaluations are performed at least after their first 90 days of employment and annually.
- Are there a minimum number of hours that you must order?
Arcadia does not require a minimum number of hours of in home care.
- Is the home care agency credentialed by an outside entity?
Arcadia seeks home care licenses in all states where they are available. In addition, we are in the process of receiving additional accreditations by outside accrediting bodies. Many of locations are now accredited by ACHC, CARF, or TJC.
- Can you reach an employee of the home care agency 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?
An Arcadia employee answers the phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We believe this level of customer service is essential to providing outstanding care and service to our clients.